Monday 5 May 2014

FESTIVAL CHALLENGE: Getting started!

 Polly Pattern on my desk / Cotton Voile / Michael Miller Ikat


Well hello there! 

As I have worked till midnight most nights this week (ah the joys of working in theatre...) I have only made small steps towards my festival challenge goal (to catch you up to speed - my aim is to make all of my outfits for this year's Wilderness festival). 


I am very excited about the Michael Miller ikat fabric I purchased on ebay which arrived this week. As you can see in the photo above - It fades beautifully from a rich purple, through pink and down to grey at the bottom. Definitely going to be channeling some serious bohemian summer vibes once I run it up into the short version of the floaty Anna Dress

I have also bought some deliciously soft and drapey cotton voile from those crafty cats at The Village Haberdashery. If you haven't checked out their shop/website yet then hop to it! They have an astounding choice of fabrics and a brilliant range of modern, fresh patterns (such as Colette and By Hand London). This is going to be transformed into the infinitely wareable Polly Top. I'm thinking denim shorts, bare feet, Polly Top and a long pendant necklace - just add some cider, some incredible bands and a flower garland! 



No comments:

Post a Comment