Tuesday 19 September 2017

Radio Silence & Sewing Laurel

So many sews, sew little time...

I have been so busy sewing away that I have been TERRIBLE at sharing my creations here. SO now is time for a mass blog-a-thon. 

Kicking off with the utterly wonderful Colette Laurel (find it over on their site here). I have got SO much wear out of this dress. The gentle darts shape it subtly but perfectly. I made mine from a comfy chambray from the Village Haberdashery. 




Any cons with this pattern? Well I was a bit concerned about the bias bound finish (I normally prefer facings) but this pattern converted me - it's a great, crisp finish. The only thing which I did find a bit of a pain was having to finish the neckline (inside) by hand... I can hand sew but I HATE it. It's slow and fiddly. But hey, it was a great excuse to sit and watch Gilmore Girls while I did it. 

That pesky neckline... 
I have honestly worn this dress so much and it washes and wears beautifully (I chuck it on a hanger to dry so there's no need to iron. I have taken a sacred vow of no-ironing when I'm not sewing 😆). 

Rocking my Laurel at the Handmaid Fair in the VIP tent with my pal Heather


No comments:

Post a Comment