Saturday 13 January 2018

Me - Made - Manifesto

This year I am taking on a radical New Year's resolution! To hand make my clothes for a year. Inspired by the incredible online sewing community, you guys are an endless source of inspiration and have given me the confidence to take on this challenge. 

But why 'me-make' my clothes for a year? To guide me and keep me motivated I have created my 'Me Made Manifesto'. You can follow my journey here and on instagram: @me_made_manifesto 

In 2018 I will... 

✂  Stop buying new clothes. High street clothing has inevitably not been made ethically, instead I will make my own and do my best to buy ethically made/sourced cloth.

✂  Upcycle, mend and recycle existing garments in my wardrobe which are past their best. 

✂ Challenge myself to try new sewing techniques and create really wearable pieces. 

✂  Experiment with new dying and printing techniques to give a unique character to my creations. 

✂ Share my journey online, to encourage others to have a go and to make sure I keep it up! 

The only exceptions will be tights and socks! Although I'll mend and darn as much as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment